Monday, January 12, 2009

Engagement!






Ryan and I got engaged on May 27th 2008 while on our visit to NYC.  My ring was picked up earlier that day and fitted on my size 4 finger... but I had no idea when or how Ryan would propose.  After a few hours of walking around in manhattan and central park. We came to the famous spot where John Lennon was shot and it started to rain by the time we headed deeper into the park.  The little gazebo that Ryan planned on proposing was suddenly filled with people trying to shield themselves from the rain. Eventually, the rain came to a light drizzle. So, we walked around and came to a spot that the trees and shrubs of greens guarded us from the rain. It was next to a bridge that over looked a little lake with duckies swimming around in it.  It was there on the steps that Ryan got down on his knees in the muddy ground to ask me to marry him.  I was so excited and happy that I was jumping up and down.   I said yes, of course and called our families immediately.  As we headed out of the park, we both laughed at the fact that both of us were drenched from the rain, our feet practically covered in dirt yet, it was the happiest moment of my life.  
Here are a few pictures of that day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment